Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cake's Case Study


The experience I'm interested in creating is an overwhelming spacial experience of misguidance. The space should make the visitors question reality and feel controlled and forced to conform. The space I'm thinking of creating has to be totally "dramatic and theatrical that it makes people overwhelm and then surrender".

These are the case study I'm interested in:
1. Mansion 7- Bangkok, Thailand
I like this case study because I feel like in one space, it is interesting how it gives such different atmosphere. For example, this space is built inspired by the idea of a haunted mansion and the feeling of horror. However, they have the space not only for haunted house, but for playground with food and drinks shop, garden for fashion boutiques, and mansion for partying. This place gives you multiple experiences through one space. It is more effective to come here once, which is why the amount of people coming to this place is diminishing. I would like to create an experience where people should be here once and not only experience one thing, but many things that doesn't necessarily happen at the same time.


The haunted house
Part of the playground
the facade of the mansion
The shops in Mansion 7
One of the drink shops in Mansion 7 



2. The Liberty Hotel- Boston and Malmaison- Oxford, England


The exterior of Liberty Hotel

The interior of Liberty Hotel


                                                                    The Lobby
      

                                                          The view into the bedrooms

                                                    The different views into Malmaison

 I chose this case study because I like how both places changed from actually being a prison in the old days and now renovated into a hotel that gives the experience of the atmosphere of being in the prison by having steel structure of gridded interior and etc. This case study might not be the most effective one, but I chose it because I am trying to relate it to the experience that I want to create, which is the feeling of containment.


3. Jules Underwater Lodge- Puerto Rico
I find this hotel very innovative and exotic and it is definitely meant for an experience that contributes back to the experience I'm hoping to create in a sense that it deals with people being somewhere they can't control. If I was in this hotel underwater, I would probably feel anxious, but at the same time excited since it should be a wild experience that you are worried about that something wrong might happen, but somehow you still want to try it for once. Everybody feels anxious to not knowing what will happen and not being able to control the situation. I think it is a powerful place for an experience.




                                                                The dining room


The bedroom where if the customers want to order food, food will be delivered in a waterproof container to their rooms. 



4. Counter- strike
This is a simulation game, which gives you the feeling of suspense. I'm not sure if this case study is significant for the experience I will try to create, but I do find it fascinating how a simulation game gets you into the atmosphere portrayed inside the game this much. Even when the experience you get from this game is quite violent, it still is interesting to study how they accomplish to give such an experience to people.












6 comments:

  1. Jules Underwater Lodge- Puerto Rico... So coool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These case study will help you somehow but most of the words you will find here is effective in the superior level. try this will give you some amazing idea and very effective for the papers writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake case study is on eof the finest case study I have ever read as it has said the way of solving way in every possible way. click here you'll be get more ideas about the writing help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This case study is kind of serious in one side but somehow it takes the whole things in to another side within a second. read here for the students that is very helpful for the writing services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kind of study will help to explore the things. As we can say many historical places and new places. I find this hotel very innovative and interesting. I'm working on different website. One of them is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post. I peronaly love to read such kind of blogs that create new plans in my pipeline. The writing on such topics so must get help from http://www.personalstatementreview.com/music-personal-statement-review/ with excellent services.

    ReplyDelete